1. E G Swingler & Sons will provide free of charge written quotations to clients for all works requested. If we inspect the roof and feel the requested works will not solve the problem we will then advise appropriately the recommended works required. QUOTATION – is works carried out as cost quoted unless the client specifies extra work. ESTIMATE – is cost estimated for works, which may be subject to change if unknown conditions arise.
2. Survey – E G Swingler & Sons will carry out a survey for the client as per instructed. All surveys are subject to a charge, which is refundable if instruction is given thereafter to complete the required works.
3. Instruction detailing acceptance for client is required in writing before works commence, either written letter or via email. We require written acceptance 7 days prior to the works commencement date, within this 7 day period the client has the right to cancel the order.
4. The contract between E G Swingler & Sons and the client is valid for 9 months from the quotation date. After this time it may be necessary to re-quote due to the increase cost of materials.
5. After written acceptance of Quotation has been received by E G Swingler & Sons, if material or labour cost increases are incurred by E G Swingler & Sons this will not be passed on to the client if written acceptance is made within 9 months of Quotation date.
6. E G Swingler & Sons cannot be held responsible for extension of specified times on contracts due to delays caused by additional instruction by the client, third parties, unavailability of materials from third parties, adverse weather conditions, explosions or circumstances beyond our control, *force majeure.
7. Any materials on site in conjunction with each contract remain the property of E G Swingler & Sons until all monies are paid in full.
8. All materials or works damaged by third parties remain the responsibility of the client whilst works are in progress. Client must pay for any damage/loss of materials or works by third parties unless valid proof is produced that E G Swingler & Sons have been negligent.
9. All invoices are strictly nett and are due for payment within 14 days of invoice date unless otherwise agreed; Any invoices unpaid 40 days after invoice date will be subject to an interest charge of 2% above base.
10. E G Swingler & Sons carry full Public and Employers Liability Insurances, Health & Safety Policy and Risk Assessments where necessary. Public Liability Insurance… £5,000,000. Employers Liability Insurance… £10,000,000.
11. All invoices are subject to VAT at standard rate unless otherwise stated due to special conditions i.e. New Build or Listed Status.
12. Contracts with retention clause must have conditions specified within the contract. All conditions stating 5% retention to be held on each invoice with 2.5% being released on completion must be paid within 28 days of the final invoice. The final 2.5% remaining to be paid after the 12 month defect has ended, must be paid at that time provided no defects are found within E G Swingler & Sons workmanship.
13. Guarantees issued by E G Swingler & Sons on New Roofing works completed will be honoured for a period of 12 years from completion of works. However Guarantees will become null and void if any damage is caused by third parties, adverse weather conditions, subsidence, *force majeure.
14. E G Swingler & Sons are very conscientious of our work and would like the opportunity to take photographs of various aspects of works completed. If you object to photographs being taken of your roof when completed, please inform our office in writing. These photographs may be used for E G Swingler & Sons advertising but pleased be assured that no details will ever be revealed as to the identity of the building or area.
*Force majeure is considered to be “an act of God” or an occurrence outside the control of the parties, which impacts or delays the project. Force majeure includes issues such as unusually severe weather, labour strikes, natural disaster, or governmental actions/changes in law that negatively impact the work.